PhotobucketHomeHomeHomeHomeHome
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pre-Christmas Lunch Table

We had the godparents for the 3 boys over for Christmas lunch on Sunday. It was a busy morning with a wedding cake delivery to do first thing, but I wanted to make it a little more special and decided to dress the table up.

My colour inspiration for the table came from Ferrero Rocher chocolates. I wanted to stick with a base of natural colours, as it would be outdoors and then use some colours to highlight.   I stayed with the ombre of bronze, gold and silver. This is very easy for me, as I have a lot of these colours in my home.  I also dressed a natural wreath in dangling baubles and hung from above the table.   I love this.   I wish I could find more of those wreaths!

The mirrored placemats I used again (from my 40th) and then just piled around some pillar candles, baubles piled in beautiful compotes as well as some little whimsical wire Christmas trees.  I didn't want to go and spend alot of money on things just for this occasion, instead I found my treasured objects and showcased them.  I loved the metallic ombre colour scheme and the mirrors made everything shine and gave it a real luxe feel.

The menu was fantastic, if I say so myself (all prepared and made by moi):

Starters:
Homemade Babaganoush with woodfired bread
Entree:
BBQed king prawns with herb butter and a light green salad
Main:
Deboned shoulder of lamb stuffed and rolled with roasted capsicum, pesto and fetta cheese. (This was cooked beautifully by hubby on the BBQ)
Sides:
Mixed tomatoes, with buffalo bocconcini and basil salad
Roasted thyme potatoes
Dessert:
Tiered nutty chocolate pavlova with chantilly cream, blueberries and crushed pistacchios (recipe in my post here)
Chocolate and ricotta cake with mixed berries (this was made by my gorgeous friend Silvia!).

It was a beautiful day with great and treasured friends!

The table.   The mirrors and colours gave it a luxe feel.
The table components.   The ferrero balls that were my initial colour inspiration.   I will be using the same ferreros for my Christmas Day table, but displayed slightly differently! ;P


Looking down over the table through the baubled wreath!   I do not want to take this down! :)
Tiered nutty chocolate pavlova with chantilly cream, blueberries and crushed pistacchios (recipe in my post here).  I used this different serving variation and loved the effect.   I may even try something different on Christmas Day!   My friend Silvia bought over a delicious chocolate cake that had a ricotta layer baked in the middle.   A simple dusting of icing sugar and some mixed berries on top .... and YUMMO!

and the wreath hanging at the end of the night under our fairy light bedecked back porch.   The perfect end to a great day with the best of friends!   This is what Christmas is all about!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails